[Dixielandjazz] Windyridge Music Hall CDs and mp3s

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Mar 1 19:31:15 PST 2011

Of possible interest to some Listmates:

>From another email List.

A really nice collection of early British music hall and variety CD compilations
are available from a company called Windyridge, which does a really good restoration
job. Sample bites are available and they also offer MP3 downloads in addition to
CDs. Stars include Beatrice Lillie, Tessie O'Shea, Gracie Fields, Marie Lloyd, Florie
Forde, Vesta Victoria, male impersonator Ella Shields (who introduced "Burlington
Bertie") and many others. The restorations, even from acoustics, are excellent and
easy to listen to. Full catalogue at
http://musichallcds.com

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds."
I bought her a bathroom scale.