[Dixielandjazz] Windyridge Music Hall CDs and mp3s

dj outrage djoutrage at freeukisp.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 21:54:05 PST 2011

Robert Ringwald wrote:
> Of possible interest to some Listmates:
>
>>From another email List.
>

> A really nice collection of early British music hall and variety CD
> compilations
> are available from a company called Windyridge, which does a really good
> restoration
> job. Sample bites are available and they also offer MP3 downloads in
> addition to
> CDs. Stars include Beatrice Lillie, Tessie O'Shea, Gracie Fields, Marie
> Lloyd, Florie
> Forde, Vesta Victoria, male impersonator Ella Shields (who introduced
> "Burlington
> Bertie") and many others. The restorations, even from acoustics, are
> excellent and
> easy to listen to. Full catalogue at
> http://musichallcds.com
>

> --Bob Ringwald
> www.ringwald.com
> Fulton Street Jazz Band
> 530/ 642-9551 Office
> 916/ 806-9551 Cell
> Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV
>
> My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
> She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3
> seconds."
> I bought her a bathroom scale.

I'm glad someone mentioned these guys, i've had a couple of their cds
before and they really are great, if this is your thing.

When I was a kid there were plenty of tommy handley etc 78s in the place,
and one I remember being called leonard lets himself go, by leonard henry.
If anyone has any information about this record or thinks they might know
where i can at least hear it please let me know, it broke when I was about
9 years old and i used to love it.
Thanks,
Rob.