[Dixielandjazz] Bert Dahlander RIP

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Tue Jun 14 09:28:31 PDT 2011

Robert Ringwald forwarded the following:

> ... Bert Dahlander, famous drummer and long-time band
> member of the Pieter Meijers Quartet has passed away. ...

In 2002, Kay and I had the pleasure of sharing a dining table with Bert on a
Jazzdagen cruise to Alaska, and a couple of years later we were on a
Mississippi River jazz cruise where we got to see, hear, and reacquaint with
Bert and also to meet his lovely wife Birgitta. What kind and delightful
people! Bert will be missed not only as a great musician but also as a good
person.

Here is a link to Bert's obituary.

http://www.virginvalleymortuary.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1180037&
fh_id=11623