[Dixielandjazz] Bert Dahlander RIP

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Tue Jun 14 08:59:50 PDT 2011

On 6/14/2011 10:28 AM, Robert Ringwald wrote:
> This from Pieter Meijers of the High Sierra Jazz Band.
>
> I just found out that my friend Bert Dahlander, famous drummer and long-time band
> member of the Pieter Meijers Quartet has passed away.  Bert died on June 6 in Mesquite,
> Nevada at the age of 83.  He was a great musician with a long successful career as
> a jazz drummer.  Please, find detailed info about Bert on the internet.
> Please, pass this message on to your readership.
> Thank you,
> Pieter Meijers
>

> --Bob Ringwald
> www.ringwald.com
> Fulton Street Jazz Band
> 530/ 642-9551 Office
> 916/ 806-9551 Cell
> Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV
>
> I've just been so pre-occupied with this Anthony Weiner deal.
> Will he attempt to retain his congressional seat or accept the job offered to him
> to be spokesman for Oscar Mayer???

This news is especially saddening as I and other survivors of the Sons
Of Bix Jazz Band had the pleasure - and sometimes outright crazy fun -
of working with Bert. He is on the last CD album we made for GeorgeBuck,
ahe worked with us over a five-year span.
With the recent passing of Don Gibson, and then earlier passing of
clarinetist John Harker and previous drummer
Glenn Koch, our original ranks have grown thin.
Goodbye my old friend - you will not soon be forgotten. Thank you for
letting some of us share the ride.
Don Ingle