[Dixielandjazz] New Definition for Dixieland?

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sun Jun 12 10:30:35 PDT 2011

Dear Steve,

I was a bit confused by your comment on the West Chester Department of Parks
and Recreation explanation of the term "Dixieland" in connection with the
Barbone Street Jazz Band's open-air gig.
When I hear your records on MySpace, I would say they are both "progressive"
Dixieland, and that they are a  New Orleans influenced style of jazz. In my
opinion the W.C.D. of P & R have made a viable explanation of your music to
a public that most probably aren't all jazz cognoscenti.

Good luck with the concert, and make a huge number of converts!

Kind Regards

Bob Smith