[Dixielandjazz] New Definition for Dixieland?

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Sun Jun 12 11:48:44 PDT 2011

I think they were using a term (influenced) that younger people use to
describe music today.  There are so many sub styles that generic terms like
rock or jazz just fails to describe a style so telling someone that a band
is influenced (like) someone may be a better way to describe a band's music.

A couple of years ago I checked out a bulletin board in a music store.  The
bands and musicians, which were a whole lot younger than I, were going to
great lengths to tell others who they were "influenced" by.
Larry
St.L