[Dixielandjazz] Steve Lawrence interviewed

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 09:19:02 PST 2011

I was probably most impressed with Steve Lawrence when he appeared as part
of a roundtable discussion about Frank Sinatra on "Larry King Live" the day
after his death.

I remember how he so eleoquently stated "Frank was the soundtrack of our
lives".
He mentioned at the time that Frank had given him all the Riddle, May, Costa
arrangements and when he recorded an album in tribute to him, in my opinion
he did the man justice.

As i have thoroughly enjoyed "Songs Carmen Sang", a tribute to her friend
Carmen McRae, I didn't think I was sticking my neck out too far by spending
a few bucks on Carole Sloane's "Songs Sinatra Sang".
Needless to say, I was not disappointed and recommend both albums to one and
all.

I was not previously aware, but friend Bruce McNichols recently mentioned to
me that Carole (a Concord recording artist) had performed for sometime with
Dave Lambert & Jon Hendricks in betwen Annie Ross and Yolanda Bavan.

Tides,
HC

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts