[Dixielandjazz] GROUNDHOG DAY

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:43:22 PST 2011

This from Herb Gardner, who, along with tuba man Chicken Joe Hanchrow I have
now known over 45 years by way of them long being associated with the Smith
Street Society Jazz Band

Clarinetist Joe Licari has been holding down the fort as a part of the Grove
Street Stompers for many, many Monday nights at Arthur's Tavern in NYC

Matt Munisteri appears quite regularly as part of Jon-Erik Kellso's
Earregulars at the Ear Inn in NY's West Village Sunday nights

 What can be said of Robbie Scott, who Bobby Short always introduced as
Robert.? That association alone obviously attests to his credentials.

While I am of course familiar with the name, I am not that well acquainted
with cornetist Randy Reiinhart.  However, if Herb selected him to be a part
of this ensemble, I am confidant that he will prove to be a most valuable
asset.

As to vocalist Abbie Gardner............i suspect there might be a hint of
nepotism here, but who better than your own old man to hire you for a gig.

For the benefit of anyone in reasonable proximity of Morristown, NJ. I
strongly encourage you to attend as I know you will find it to be most
enjoyable............ if not within a reasonable proximity, drive the extra
50 or 100 miles as I'm sure it will be well worth the trip.

Tell 'm at the door that Harry Callaghan sent you, that way you won't just
be thrown out at random, you will be individually selected

Tides,
HC

NINTH ANNUAL HOT JAZZ
 GROUNDHOG JAM

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2011;  8 PM

In the Bickford Theater of the Morris Museum,
6 Normandy Hts Rd. at Columbia Tpke (Rt 510) Morristown, NJ.

RANDY REINHART - CORNET
Everybody’s favorite jazz trumpeter, heard at jazz festivals around the
world.

JOE LICARI - CLARINET & SAX
Red-hot reed man from the Condon days, and author of his autobiography, “The
Invisible Clarinettist”.

MATT MUNISTERI  - GUITAR AND BANJO  From bluegrass to jazz, and leader of
the “Brock Mumford” group. He’s the tops in his field.

CHICKEN JOE HANCHROW - BASS AND TUBA
“The President’s Own” Marine Band, Radio City Music Hall Orch., Tonite Show
with George Siegel.

ROBBIE SCOTT - DRUMS
Bobby Short’s drummer for years and leader of his own New Deal Orch.

ABBIE GARDNER - VOCALS
Star of her own nationally famous group, "Red Molly", and featured with the
Galvanized Jazz Band and Stan Rubin’s Tigertown Jazz groups. Abbie is
profiled in the book,“The Jazz Singers; the top 525 jazz singers of all
time”, by Scott Yanow.

HERB GARDNER, LEADER - TROMBONE AND PIANO

*Tickets:     (973) 971-3706*. http://njjs.org/p/services/bickford.html

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts
      - Vergil: The Aeneid Book II