[Dixielandjazz] BMI, ASCAP & SESAC

Jerry Gordon jerrygordon at juno.com
Fri Jan 28 14:09:12 PST 2011

Most of you know by now that I maintain a jazz calendar for NY's Capital
Region. When I asked a local club owner for his Feb schedule, I got this
reply:

" I regret to inform you that due to harassment from SeSac for licensing
fees, we've had to discontinue live music.
http://fskrealityguide.blogspot.com/2010/08/bmiascapsesac-legal-extortion-sc
am.html "

I know this has been discussed extensively on this list, but I never paid
too much attention, since it didn't affect me personally. I was just
wondering whether anyone had any succinct advise? He's getting a copy of
this, so if you would include him in your reply, that would be nice.

And this time I'll pay more attention.

Thanks,
Jerry Gordon, Troy, NY
Webmaster for the jazz calendar at APlaceForJazz.org/calendar.htm