[Dixielandjazz] Correcting Slang

Janie McCue Lynch janie39 at socal.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 21:15:10 PST 2011

Ginny....

I love your association of "brain fart" as a corruption of "Infarct;"
however, the nurses I know, including myself, have used the term "Brain
Farts" for years.  (No value judgments here re: crude vs class!)

Just a simple term that has been equated with "Senior Moment."  It's
actually always given me a chuckle!

Love you.....and sticking with the Billie Holiday reference to "You Go to My
Head" for the OKOM tag!

Janie
janie39 at socal.rr.com
janiemc39 at yahoo.com

The "old, retired" nurse in me just can't let "brain fart" word  use pass
by one more time.  I've seen it used several times  and most recently by
Steve.  The fact that I did psych nursing  tempts me to make something
Freudian
up when I see the male gender use the term  -- never heard a gal speak of a
brain fart. :?)