[Dixielandjazz] YouTube and the 'Chipmunk' sound

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Fri Jan 21 10:39:15 PST 2011

Dear Bill and Jack,

As I see it there are three possibilities, viz.:
a) Real Player has had a malfunction, possibly due to a virus;
b) Jack's music card has had a hardware malfunction;
c) Jack's PC has a malfunction, also possibly due to a virus.

For case a) I recommend that Jack re-installs Real Player after checking for
a virus;
If that doesn't cure the problem then a new music card will have to be
installed after checking other music sources than RHJA for a similar
chipmunk effect.

If neither of these options work then it seems likely that Jack's PC has had
a  malfunction, possibly also due to a virus.

Thus I recommend the following steps:
1) Check for a virus and remove if present;
2) Re-install Real Player;
3) If still not cured, check the music card with other sources than RHJA;
4) If other sources give chipmunk effect, try another music card;
5) If still not cured, re-install Windows;
6) if still not cured, then a PC overhaul would seem to be necessary.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith