[Dixielandjazz] From You Tube, and Facebook, and Tom Saunders

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 20 23:07:39 PST 2011

Scott Anthony forwarded a reply from Tom Bartlett regarding the tune "Brown Bottom Bess":
>   I don't know of any other known bands beside the "Dogs" who picked up on it.

Dear Scott and Tom,
The Len Barnard Jazz Band (with Bob Barnard) recorded it in Melbourne, Australia for AJQ 1 (later reissued on a Swaggie LP and a Bilarm CD) on 30 January 1954.
A UK band, Steve Lane's Famous Southern Stompers, recorded it in early 1958.
The Original Salty Dogs GBH 62 LP was recorded in the early 1970s.
Very kind regards,
Bill.