[Dixielandjazz] just a question, help greatly appreciated

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Jan 18 09:47:57 PST 2011

A really great survey of the 20s jazz and pop music that includes
discussion of your topic is:

Arnold Shaw, "The Jazz Age: Popular music in the 1920's." Oxford
University Press, 1987. Out of Print. This goody describes American
popular and show music during the period; Jazz was one of these forms and
interacted in a number of ways with the other music. Essential to show the
proper place of jazz in the American music scene but is more a basic
introduction for anyone interested in the period. Loads of details.

Look for it in Amazon.com--one never knows when op books will show up in
one of their used book stores.

--Sheik