[Dixielandjazz] Trad Jazz

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Sat Jan 15 17:56:45 PST 2011

 Polite snip from Marek :

Nevertheless, his pioneering efforts seem to have sired the revival of

interest in traditional jazz, under any name we attach to it - trad,

New Orleans, Dixieland (btw, to me, before I joined this list, trad

meant the British trad).

Cheers

Oh no no no !!  there is no such thing as British Trad Jazz,
that stuff is only Dixieland with a British accent, and neither of them are Really Traditional
Jazz to some folks :))  LOL

Good thing you joined this list Marek,  or you might never have learned about Traditional Jazz and from whence it came :))

It was not created by Our British Cousins not Guys above the Mason Dixon Line in known as Yankees, it was created
Way Down Yonder in New Orleans by Black Musicians who never heard of Lu Waters or Turk Murphy or Bix, or even those,
Itralian guys in the Dukes of Dixieland :))

Ducking for cover now !!   and back to lurking  mode.   as the Tea begins to hit the harbor.