[Dixielandjazz] Trad Jazz

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 15 09:43:51 PST 2011

SNIP from Steve:

In a message dated 1/15/2011 11:21:51 A.M. Central Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

To  really get confused about "Trad Jazz"  see:

http://www.outsideshore.com/school/music/almanac/html/Jazz_Styles/Classic_Ja
zz/Traditional_Jazz.htm
ME:  Steve I just took a brief look at that sight.  Gave me  my morning
LMAO.  Here's a paste:. "If there is more than one solo, it is  as likely as
not that each soloist would get a different _chord  progression,_
(http://www.outsideshore.com/school/music/almanac/html/Music_Theory/Harmony/Chord_Progres
sions.htm)  or "

Geez, in the past when I gave a front line guy a different chord
progression, I got really dirty looks.  Now I know I was just  following this
author's guidelines.

Here's the line from the top of the page:
"The whole band often improvises simultaneously."

Oh, yeah, I've played when that happened also!  Truly  polyrhythmic!

Ginny