[Dixielandjazz] R.I.P. Steve Lipkins

Geoff Power gnjmusic at netspace.net.au
Fri Feb 25 18:00:56 PST 2011

I had the good fortune to play with Steve Lipkins, Zeke Zarchy and Johnny
Best when they came to Sydney in 1994 with the surviving members of the
Glenn Miller Orchestra(I was in the trombone section - they used a few
locals)

If memory serves me correctly, Steve was in the trumpet section on the
classic Bunny Berigan "I Can't Get Started" (I think Artie Shaw played lead
alto)

Regards to all

Geoff Power