[Dixielandjazz] The Saga of Jelly Roll Morton

Dradjazz at aol.com Dradjazz at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 13:23:40 PST 2011

Hi there --

You are cordially invited to listen to the newly posted radio program, "The
Saga of Jelly Roll Morton":
http://jazzhotbigstep.com/63501.html

Approximately 3.5+ hours this is a program that I originally produced live
on air in 1996 exploring Morton's life, music and career -- now recycled as
Vintage Jazz Rhythm. In it I include Morton heard playing piano, piano
rolls, leading some of his best bands and spoken clips from LOC;  several recent
and not so recent interpreters of Morton's piano style (Paul Lingle, Don
Ewell, Burt Bales, Dick Hyman, Butch Thompson, etc);  recent Trad bands
interpreting Jelly's repertory, including several exclusive live recordings of
bands such as RSJO and South Frisco.  I also summarize Jelly's story in some
detail, comment, and read short excerpts from Lomax's "Mr. Jelly..."

Comments, criticisms and hosannahs are welcome.

Also newly posted the complete "Wally Rose and the Rebirth of Ragtime":
http://jazzhotbigstep.com/278.html

Dave Radlauer
www.JAZZHOTBigstep.com