[Dixielandjazz] Jelly Roll Morton Program on BBC (Bert Thompson)

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 14:02:06 PST 2011

I am listning to the programme righ now, and love it.  A lot of talk,
true, but during the first 55 minutes I have heard a lot of music;
somehow, there were not 40 minutes of blah blah.  Sure, Morton's own
performance are missed, but then, everybody who cares about his music
should have a lot of them (so far, I have not heard a number I haven't
got in my collection).  The British band on the programme is
excellent; small wonder, as Keith is one of the best pianists playing
ANYWHERE.
Cheers