[Dixielandjazz] Recording Session

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Feb 3 17:44:29 PST 2011

I know this one has been around before but it is so good, I'll post it here for those of you who haven't seen it before.

A jazz musician who's spent his entire life trying to get a record deal is feeling
extremely depressed. He's been turned-down by every record company he's ever contacted.
No one seems to recognize his unique talent, so he comes up with an ingenious plan
to get back at all the record companies who've rejected him all of his life. He books
time at a recording studio, and instructs the sound engineer to record everything
he says, and every sound he hears, and then copy it all onto 1000 CDs, and send a
CD to every record company executive on the list that he hands the engineer. The
guy walks into the vocal booth; the red light is on, and he begins...
"This is a message for all you sycophantic, talentless, stupid record company idiots
who've ignored me for all these years. I've dedicated my life to writing beautiful,
emotive, soul-searching music, and all you jerks do is discard my tapes, never return
my phone calls, and sign these horrible, no-talent, ridiculous, dumb bands, and these
filthy, dirty rappers! Well, you bunch of morons, you parasites, you dumb idiots;
I've taken all I can of your puerile, shallow industry, and it's you who have driven
me to this!
Goodbye you murders of art!
With that he pulls out a gun, puts it to his head and blows his brains out.
The sound engineer glances up and says, "Okay, that's fine. I've got a good level.
Wanna go for a take"?

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

After a night of drink, drugs and wild sex Bill woke up to find himself next to a
really ugly woman.
That's when he realized he had made it home safely.