[Dixielandjazz] WONDERFUL WORLD Shadow Show

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 4 20:13:55 PST 2011

 Bob Smith wrote:
> When I tried to open the video I got this message (translated from Norwegian):
> "Some of the contents in the video are from The Orchard Music and Sony Music Entertainment, whence one or more have blocked the contents in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry."
> There we are, Bill, the Blue Meanies strike again, and I don't believe they're a bit sorry.

Dear Bob,
It is not only the Blue Meanies who strike in the music research field.
I regularly use the Internet Archive at
   http://www.archive.org/
when looking for audio items not in my collection.
The other day, having found what I wanted in the Community Audio Collection, I noticed a new, badly worded, addition:

"Sound changed and copyright for public Domain use.
Unfortunate to say the above sentence however three thieves (so far) use these public domain files in their radio program broadcasts then claim copyright ownership and then they demand that YOUR files no longer be available here. I'll add this line until archive will stand up and defend our property rights."

It would seem that the vultures are everywhere.
Kind regards,
Bill.
PS: Here is an alternative link to that 'wonderful' shadow clip claimed (in Norway) by the dreaded Blue Meanies:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EmD0OvpguE