[Dixielandjazz] John Barry

Allan Brown allanbrown at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Feb 1 01:35:13 PST 2011

Dear Listmates,

I thought I'd mention the passing of the composer and arranger John Barry. Though familiar with his film scores, I didn't know about his earlier work with the John Barry Seven. It sounded like a jazz outfit but on checking it out further today I realise it was more a rock 'n roll/ surf music style affair than a Dixieland combo, but still rather excellent. I love his film music especially the Bond classics and the beautiful theme tune for Midnight Cowboy. R.I.P. John Barry.

All the best,

Allan Brown

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Barry_(composer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_John_Barry_Seven