[Dixielandjazz] Entry Of The Gladiators

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 1 00:39:54 PST 2011

Don Ingle wrote in reply to Bob Romans request:
>> Does anyone have the 2nd cornet/trumpet part to Entry of The Gladiators?

> Great arrangement by pianist Bobby Hammock. But don't believe Red did it with two cornets.  Take the part you have and add aa part from it.

Dear Don,
Spot on, as usual old mate.
No recordings of Red with a two-trumpet version of "Entry of The Gladiators" that I could find in my files.
While on the subject of that Snader video clip
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WveEco2Rq2w
Can you please confirm the personnel?

Red Nichols Five. Red Nichols (c) King Jackson (tb) [recognise him from my Spike Jones books/videos] ?Rosy McHargue or Reuel Lynch (cl) Joe Rushton (bssax) ?Bobby Hammack (p) ?Rollie Culver (d).

Kind regards,
Bill.