[Dixielandjazz] Bass Ale Blues

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 14:59:58 PST 2011

Actually, it's not about blues, it's about last Wednesday's
performance by a quartet out of the New Orleans Function in Jaffa
(actually, only three players wee frm the NOF, augmented by a tuba
player named Anton).  I tried to reserve a table, but was told that
tables would only be available outside, as they had to clear the floor
for dancers, so I reserved seating at the bar.  As it turned out, the
band was hot and swinging, but dancers didn't show up!  They did the
previous week, though (I couldn't go), and complained that the tables
didn't leave enough room for dancing.  I hope the gig lasts, and the
dancers reappear - that band really sounds better whn playing for
dancers.
So why "Bass Ale Blues?"  Because the place serves draft Bass, albeit
much too cold.  So we ordered a pint each, and had Israeli boutique
Malkah (which means "queen," but is also a common female name) amber
ale while waiting for the Bass to reach the right temperature.  That
wos NO blues - both beers were excellent, as was the food.  I am
looking forward to more evenings like that.
Cheers