[Dixielandjazz] Dogfight!!!New slant.

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 29 03:13:03 PST 2011

Maybe we could discuss "trainwrecks" for awhile???? :) >>

Hi,
just to introduce a new facet to this fascinating thread in the UK we often
use `shipwreck ending` to describe the moment when half the band miss the
leaders signal that this is the last chorus. They then gradually realise
what is happening and one after another grind slowly into obscurity, trying
not to catch the leaders eye, the while.
Alternately if it is  a very matey band it dissolves into roars of laughter.

With a bit of work we may string out this thread (what a way I have with
words. (String...thread... geddit. Never mind) into the New Year.

Cheers everybody. Moving out of reach of a computer for the next few days.
Off to the seaside. Wx is fog and rain but what the hell. This is England.

Pat