[Dixielandjazz] Dogfight

Rickz rickz at usermail.com
Wed Dec 28 10:42:13 PST 2011

Well I was impressed with his piano playing, and he talks good, but I
think he just stole the term "dogfight"
to use for what we (jokingly) called "a musical intertube."   There's no
fighting going on.  It's just contrapuntal.

There is frequently an out chorus on many jazz tunes, but it is
orchestrated pretty carefully..
I just listened to a bunch of Firehouse Five tunes, and they don't
dogfight.... they have a pretty well arranged
(or planned out) outchorus.

BTW, I don't give a damn what they do in Marches.   Trad Jazz is dance
music, don't you know???