[Dixielandjazz] Merle Koch's Silver Stope Final Session

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:35:26 PST 2011

Hi Bob,
You kept  company with some real heavyweights!   Eddei Miller just
happens to be one of my favourite tenor players.

> http://www.youtube.com/user/bobbynewmie#p/u/4/G-cufnr9fyw
>
> When you open this link, click on the "21 views"

It has become 93 for Dreams by now!  However, clicking on the number
of views did not bring up the numbers.  Scrolling down the video list
did, but not in the order you had given.  But who cares!  Good music
is good music, and order is of little, if any, importance.

Cheers

and you'll see the Stope numbers.   The right sequence to play them is
DREAM, SWEET GEORGIA BROWN, DEED I DO, COOKIN' THE BLUES, and SMILE
AWHILE.  We were all fighting off tears and so was Merle, as you can
see.    The guys in the band were Ray Sherman and Merle (p), Dick
Cathcart (tp), Bob Havens (tb),  Eddie Miller (ts), Bunky Jones (sb),
V.J. Bourgeois (d) and me on clarinet.