[Dixielandjazz] Report Back on Lo Tech CDS from Records & Tapes

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 9 18:35:14 PST 2011

Several month ago I asked for listees experience or advice on  equipment
that would convert records and cassettes to CDs.  I thought I  would report
back on my getting the only piece of equipment I was aware of at  the time.
It is the one listed first below; i.e., from First Street.   I have now made
CDs from both a couple of records and CDs.  It does do what  it purports to
do.  Now I have to find time to make use of it, but am happy  I bought it.
The process does take a fair amount of "baby  sitting".  You have to stay
right with it to accomplish your goal -- it's  not something you can program
then walk away.

There must be some increasing demands for these products.  Recently I  have
had two more catalogs come in offering very similar, but not identical
products.  These are identified below for you to google if you are  interested.

(_http://www.firststreetonline.com/Electronics+amp+Gadgets/Audio/_
(http://www.firststreetonline.com/Electronics+amp+Gadgets/Audio/) )

>From Herrington Mail Catalog
#AS258 Memory Master, currently priced at $319

>From Wireless Mail Catalog
VD 5172 Turntable/CD Burner, currently priced at $399.95

Ginny