[Dixielandjazz] The many articles about JAZZ

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 5 07:43:08 PST 2011

An email from Norman Vickers pointed to the below link which is an
incredible resource for Jazz Fans. Norm was talking about the article
and while there I noticed that if you scroll down about half way and
look at the right side of the page you see a section entitled "What We
Are Reading". If you click on  various subjects there, you get some
very interesting articles, blogs, sources of jazz information. Here's
the link:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/ablogsupreme/2011/12/02/143059425/someone-said-something-negative-about-jazz-as-a-whole-again?ft=3&f=126134671&sc=nl&cc=jn-20111204

No doubt many of the articles will not interest the the one eyed
purists like my mate Bill Haesler, HOWEVER here are a few that even he
and con firmed traddies will enjoy.

The Wonderful World Of Louis Armstrong
http://dippermouth.blogspot.com/

Jazz Lives
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com/     (Scroll past articles you don 't
like to find those you do)

Listening to the music on these (and other sites) while reading the
comments on them is a real treat for those of us who enjoy OKOM, or
any form of jazz for that matter.

Yes indeed, the information resources on that NPR site is simply
wonderful.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband