[Dixielandjazz] Jazz book

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 5 03:42:11 PST 2011

Hi,
Bob Ringwalds report on German jazz reminds me that I have just finished a book called Half Blood Blues. by Esi Edugyan.

It was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2011 and is a bit strange as books listed for awards tend to be..

It is the story of a small jazz group and it starts in Paris in 1940, switches to Berlin `92 and then moves back and forward developing the past story and the present story simultaneously.

I am not suggesting that it is worth buying but as a gift or in a second hand paperback book shop it is worth looking out for. Maybe Amazon  has a cheap copy.

Cheers

Pat