[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Festival

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 25 11:48:30 PDT 2011

Why, with the number of Dixieland bands that were/are at Sacto, would
anyone have to listen to the other genres, or support them? What's up
with that?

One couldn't see all the Dixieland Bands that were there in 2011
unless you ran around like a chicken.

Me? I don't go to festivals. I see my Dixieland in,  local venues
throughout the year, or drive up to NYC to see some greats.

I can pick from Midiri Brothers, Jon Eric Kelso an ad his enormous
group of GREAT musicians that rotate at the Ear inn. (Even folks who
are passing through NYC like Tim Laughlin, or Evan Christopher, or Dan
Barrett et al), Gully Low, Randy Reinhart, and on and on and on.

Plus, of course, I gig with some of them, as well as my own band and
don't have the time to go to festivals. Too busy making money in OKOM.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband