[Dixielandjazz] Lino Patruno was Vache, Polcer and Havens with Italians

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 9 07:13:33 PDT 2011

On Aug 8, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Marek Boym wrote:

> How is your Italian, Steve?
> While already there, I went on listening to more, some with quite long
> announcements in Italian.  Mostly lovely music, even if the accent of
> at least one singer was rather dubious (I, with my heavy Polish
> accent, should talk!).
> Anyway, I strongly recommend that listmates watch other Patruno videos
> as well - lots of wonderful music there!
> Cheers

Dear Marek:

Unfortunately my Italian is non-existent. My dad insisted on us NOT
speaking Italian at home (because we were "Americans") and so I never
learned the language.

About Patruno, he is a wonderful musician and I am glad you (and
hopefully others) have discovered him via You Tube. Every once in a
while he visits New York City and performs there.

There are MANY other wonderful Italian OKOM bands and jazz musicians.
Some are friends of mine on "myspace". Plus my cousin Francesco, now
deceased, played jazz trumpet in Rome and on Capri with Benito
Mussoino's son, Romano.  Romano Mussolini was a talented jazz pianist
who got to play with Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie, Chet Baker and
other American jazz musicians.

BTW, he was married to Sophia Loren's sister. Ah, jazz and beautiful
women. :-)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband