[Dixielandjazz] The Boswell Sisters. Take -2

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 6 01:51:23 PDT 2011

On 03/08/2011 I wrote:
> It took me years (and money) to acquire a complete collection of the Boswell Sisters from LP  through to CD.
> Including the inevitable duplications.
> Now look what's happened!!!
>     http://www.worldsrecords.com/pages/artists/b/boswell_sisters_the/the_boswell_sisters_67143.html
> Rats!

Dear friends,
I have just found time to check out the above package in detail.
Older collectors will find that, apart from the DVD of unknown video sources, it is a reissue of the 5 CDs issued (1993-2001) by DJML lurker, Carl Hällström, on Collector's Classics COCD-21 and Nostalgia Arts NOCD 3008/3009/3022/3023.
Nothing wrong with that, other than I bought them as they were released.
For those who do not have these CDs, it is a great Boswell Sisters' reissue,
I suppose, in my enthusiasm, I was hoping for the unissued 1930s broadcast transcription material.
All the material on the new 5-CD set is from commercial Victor, Okeh, Brunswick and Decca recordings.
Kind regards,
Bill.