[Dixielandjazz] Spotify

Ulf Jagfors ulf.jagfors at telia.com
Sat Apr 30 12:50:54 PDT 2011

Marek
Sorry I should have known your location. I have no solution for it. There
are sites to which you can access fooling the local foreign country net
services to think you are in that particular country. But as you have to
access Spotify via log-in I guess it is not possible. However there are many
smart people in Israel so perhaps a local search for help could solve the
problem. The basic problem is to fake log in from any of the allowed
countries. Check with the smart guys.

I am personally against any pirate file sharing activities. I believe that
artists should get paid for their jobs. BUT, if they all are dead, made the
job 75 years ago I think that that right should not be applicable any
longer. That is all recordings made in the 1920´t should be free for anyone
to share, copy and store. That is what Redhotjazz do. I think we have 50
years in Europe, but 75 years, as far as I know, over the pond.

The main copyright problem for Spotify is of course not all old scratchy
jazz recordings but all tunes by contemporary artist like Michel Jackson,
Dolly Parton etc.

Anyhow. End of this thread.

Ulf