[Dixielandjazz] Spotify

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Apr 30 16:37:06 PDT 2011

Ulf Jagfors wrote [in part]:
> There are sites to which you can access fooling the local foreign country net services to think you are in that particular country.

Dear Ulf,
It would seem that Spotify is available in Australia.
But only for Windows users.
    http://www.zdnet.com.au/downloads/windows/spotify_sw-10857177.htm
We dedicated Mac people miss out once again.
But no prizes for guessing why on this particular one.
However, I found a link that details how to use Spotify if you live in the US or other countries.
    http://crenk.com/how-to-use-spotify-if-your-based-in-usa-or-other-countries/
Slight thread change.
Unfortunately, my access to music on the Red Hot Jazz site is still currently unavailable.
Notwithstanding some kind off-list assistance from listmate Andy Ling.
I assume it has something to do with a recent upgrade by someone.
I had a similar problem with <wmv> links last year, but solved that one by installing VLC and dragging the problem <wmv> to it.
I've also found a way to get animated <gif> files to work on my Mac, but the music link to redhotjazz.com still eludes me.
I certainly miss it as a research tool.
Very kind regards,
Bill.