[Dixielandjazz] Sacking

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 06:36:45 PDT 2011

Hi Bill,,

You mentioned your singer by the name of Majella. It's a very unusual name. Did she arrive in Oz from Scotland, by any chance, or from Ireland via Scotland? Years ago, I used to do lots of work backing cabaret acts (a man will do desparate things to keep the family fed!) and occasionally worked with a lady singer called Majella. From memory, she had quite a pronounced Irish accent, a good voice and delivered her songs without histrionics, which I find is usually a reliable indicator of ability  If it's the same lady, please pass on my regards, although it's unlikely she'll remember a mere backing drummer (unless I screwed up monumentally).

While I'm here, all the very best for your massive birthday, which I trust you'll be doing in some style.

Regards,

Ken Mathieson