[Dixielandjazz] The Bright Side of Things

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 20 07:10:32 PDT 2011

Some of you know that I am undergoing radiation  treatments for
prostate cancer. About half way through my 40 days and no changes in
appearance or other side effects thus far and now, none expected. That
plus a successful conclusion meaning something else may kill me, but
PC will not.

But there is even a brighter side. A few days ago at the year old
radiation center the Doc said "Aren't you Barbone of The Barbone
Street Jazz Band?" After acknowledging that I was indeed, he said
"We're  having a Survivors Party in June and expect about 250 people
to attend. Invitations are going out shortly and we'd like to book
your band if you are available."

Bottom line, he booked us and I expect to make-up about half my
Medicare radiation co-pay on the deal.

So, all you other old gaffers who may get prostate cancer, look at the
bright side and be sure to ask if they have a Survivors Party. Don't
go cheap, these folks have a lot of money. <grin>

BTW, if anyone is contemplating PC treatments and wants to chat about
options, write me off list.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband