[Dixielandjazz] BIG APPLE F2F

Tito Martino titomartino at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:18:42 PDT 2011

Hi List Mates

As I said before in this List, I'm flying tomorrow to Montreal and New York,
and will be glad to have a F2F with some DJML mate resident in
those places.  In Montreal I'll be from 20 April to 5 May and
my phone will be  (+1514)571-5875.  Except that from 23 to 26 April I'll be
in
NY staying at the Best Western President Hotel at Times Sq.
 phone (212)246-8800.  If someone is around we can have a beer
and chat about OKOM ! Or go out and see some good Jazz.

The rest of this mail is about my trip and you can discard.

I asked and received the help of some listmates about valuable and essencial

nice places to see in NY in so short time.

Rich Pearl told me about Katz´s Deli, corner Ludlow and Houston St.
certainly I'll eat some speciality there.

Bob Ringwald gave me three precious hints: Louis' House in Queens, The
Nighthawks
Monday night at Sofias', and The Ear Inn Sunday night , with the great
Jon-Erik Kellso.

Vince Giordano answered me and said he remembers some of the many Brazilian
friends I sent to see him and who had gave him my personal greetings. I'll
be there of course!

Jon-Erik also kindly confirmed his appearance Easter Sunday night at the Ear
Inn
with The EaRegulars.  It's a pity they not invite as he said, people they
not know
and haven't played with, to sit in.  I understand and agree, one should be
very
cautious not to spoil the show. But I'll go the same to listen to great
Jazz!

Brian Towers put me in contact with trombonist Dave Rilley, in Montreal,
who invited me to sit in Tuesday night at Kelly's Bar with the Jazz Knights
Dixieland Band.

Adding to this the usual Museums and sight-seeings, in NY, I foresee we'll
have with my
wife, son and daughter-in-law, a great weekend !

I was in NY with my whole Band and played at the NY Jazz Museum, sponsored
by
Jack Bradley, got nice reviews and pics by Washington Post and NY Times, but
this was long ago...

You can send mail directly to my e-mail      titomartino at gmail.com

Hope to hear from you, cheers and beers,

Tito Martino
--
Tito Martino Jazz Band
www.titomartinojazzband.com.br