[Dixielandjazz] Teens & Jazz

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 3 18:32:46 PDT 2011

Speaking about teens and jazz, if you are in the West Grove PA area on
Saturday night, April 16, come see Barbone Street performing at a
1940s Swing Dance Revue, sponsored by the Oxford Arts Alliance
Performing Arts Series.

The 24 featured dancers are from the Oxford Center For Dance and range
in age from 12 to 14. They have 3 scheduled dance exhibitions, and
have rehearsed them,  to the following numbers

"Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone", "C Jam Blues", and "Jazz
Me Blues". Each of those dance numbers will last about 4 minutes.

Thereafter, their parents and the rest of the audience will have a
chance to dance for an hour or so to the American Songbook Tunes of
the era. We'll even play "Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree With Any One
Else But Me", for the old folks in my age bracket.

Venue is the Dansko Auditorium, 33 Federal Road, West Grove PA 19390 7
PM to 8:30 PM. Admission $10 / $5 Students

Lots of other Dixieland bands here in the Eastern USA reach out to
teens. (Fryer, Vigorito, Raniello, Kahn etc) And there are plenty of
teens regularly dancing to Dixieland all over the country. (Seattle,
Portland, Sacramento, Albuquerque, Phoenix, NYC, Washington DC) that I
know about and probably MANY more places.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband