[Dixielandjazz] Loose marbles

WILLIAM SHARP sharp-b at clearwire.net
Tue Sep 28 06:30:37 PDT 2010

My dad always told me to go play on the white line on the freeway.  That's what these kids are doing - -taking it to the streets.

After coming across these guys, i came to the conclusion that we need to encourage more kids to take their bands to the streets - -good old-fashioned busking.   We don't see much of this anymore, but I'd bet that it could be a real winning deal for those young musicians who did it. And were persistent.

 Pass on these video links to a few kids in youth bands -  -It just might spark an interest in them to go play on the white line in the street. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUeI4Q9ePEg&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tinM2cZ470&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ufBEGaFI8&feature=related

... and so it goes