[Dixielandjazz] Kickstarter

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Sep 20 15:22:48 PDT 2010

This from Jon Erik Kellso and Judy Carmichael:

Hello friends--
Please check out the message below from pianist/singer Judy Carmichael
.
She has initiated a wonderful project for bringing jazz to a younger audience.
Hope you are able to help, it'll be great to get kids excited about jazz.
thanks,
Jon

Join us for an exciting new project!

Hi everyone!
"How do we get a younger audience for jazz?"
This is the question I hear constantly, and I have the answer:
Bring the music to them, instead of waiting for them to come to it.
Every jazz fan had someone who played them that first fantastic record or took them
to an unforgettable concert, and we need to assertively do that for the next generation
of listeners.
I've gathered a GREAT group of musicians (who also have extensive teaching experience)
for a project I hope you'll help us realize. Through Kickstarter, an online fundraising
site, we have
90 days
 to raise the money for a series of performances in schools across the country, which
will be filmed for a DVD to be sent to other schools and funding organizations to
keep the project going. PLEASE contribute anything you can and forward this to your
friends who believe live music, and the listening skills to enjoy it, are important.
I'm tired of hearing people complain about "the audience for jazz is shrinking" or
"no one knows how to listen anymore". Let's do something about it!
Our project:
icp/relay.php?r=1024743105&msgid=4385255&act=VYEC&c=29992&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fkck.st%2FbW1xJW
Please make a donation at Kickstarter:
http://kck.st/bW1xJW
Thank you all, and a special thank you to
Henry and Gilda Block
 and the Ken Kolker Foundation
 for their generous gift to Jazz Inspired, Inc. which inspired my pursuing Kickstarter
to match their contribution.
Please join in and thanks,
Judy
Musicians involved:
Leroy Jones, Jon-Erik Kellso, Mike Hashim, Harry Allen, Jeff Rupert, Chris Flory,
James Chirillo
Our filmmaker:
Richard Ficara
 has worked for over twenty-five years in news and documentaries. He has traveled
extensively for ABC's
Nightline, World News Tonight,
Good Morning America
, and PBS Frontline
. Six shows he has worked on have received Emmy awards.