[Dixielandjazz] Some Birthdays Sept 20

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 15:09:04 PDT 2010

Well,
There is a difference between Yiddish - a European Jewish language
based on medieaval German, with some Hebrew, written in Hebrew
characters) - and Hebrew as it is spoken in modern Israel.
Mazeltov probably is two words even in Yiddish (which, unfortunately,
I neither speak nor understand), and I have no idea how it became
pronounced that way,  Both "a's" in mazal" are pronounced in Hebrew
like in "Arab."
Cheers