[Dixielandjazz] Dave Wilson's Rampart Street Ramblers 9/19 at Brooklawn AmLegPost for TSJS

Fred Weber famw at comcast.net
Tue Sep 7 21:05:26 PDT 2010

Tri-State Jazz Society

Proudly Presents

Dave Wilson's Rampart Street Ramblers

Sunday September 19, 2 p.m. running 3 hours ending at 5 p.m.

Brooklawn American Legion Post

11 Railroad Ave at the end of Browning Rd

Brooklawn NJ 08030

$20 admission, $10 members & first time attendees. Free admission for
students with IDs & children with paying adults

Pay at the door.  No advanced ticket sales or reservations.

BAND MEMBERS

Dave Wilson-Leader, C - Melody, tenor and soprano sax, clarinet - Dave
Wilson co-leads the well known Traditional/New Orleans ensemble, the Canal
Street Hot 6, (CD; "Back In the Day".) Wilson continues to stretch his
boundaries freelancing with both big bands and small ensembles in the area.
>From concerts to festivals to club dates and private engagements, Wilson
averages over 150 gigs per year and has held that number steady since 1990!
--  www.davewilsonmusic.org/Biography.htm

 Tex Wyndham - Piano, cornet, vocals - An author, scholar, versatile
musician, singer and all-around socko  entertainer, Tex Wyndham is a
recognized authority on ragtime and early jazz.--
http://www.jazzbymail.com/ViewArtist.aspx?iAID=1381
<http://www.jazzbymail.com/ViewArtist.aspx?iAID=1381&sAN=Tex+Wyndham>
&sAN=Tex+Wyndham

Drew Nugent  -Piano, cornet, vocals - During the summer of 2006, Drew worked
for the Delta Queen Steamboat Company, playing piano and singing aboard the
Delta Queen and Mississippi Queen.--
http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/musician.php?id=17820

He played for TSJS with his Blackbird Society band earlier this year.

Roger Munnel - Trombone Roger is a retired State College Area School
District teacher.  Roger is a trombone player who shows up on many, many CDs
by many different band leaders. He also played for the Tarnished 6 which was
lead by our tuba player.

John Kovalchik - Tuba - John is the leader of The Tarnished 6.  "The
Tarnished 6, a State College-based Dixieland & jazz band, is just another
institution in this town.--
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/venues/2007/11/01/dixieland_jazz_band_to_play_t
h.aspx

Skip Rohrich - Drums - Skip Rohrich has been a performer/educator since
graduating from Indiana University with a B.M. in jazz studies. He is a
student of jazz history and enjoys performing jazz from any period of the
music. Of particular interest to him is the period of jazz between 1920 and
1930 and he has done extensive research... --
http://53stations.com/about/skip-rohrich

DIRECTIONS

Brooklawn American Legion Post, 11 Railroad Ave @ end of Browning Rd,
Brooklawn NJ 08030 off Rt 130 at water tower.

>From Philly:  Ben Franklin Bridge to I-676 or Walt Whitman Bridge to I-76
then to first exit 1c (Rt 130 S Brooklawn/Westville) follow to Browning Rd
exit on right.  Make right on Browning Rd and follow to dead-end (Railroad
Ave). Make right into parking lot.

>From East: AC Exwy, Rt 42 N, Rt 55 N to beyond I-295 overpass
(Trenton/Philadelphia I-295 N, Rt 130).  Pass I-295 exit (I-295 N travelers
to Philadelphia/Walt Whitman Bridge exit) to Rt 130 exit 1c (Rt 130 S) Make
left at top of ramp to second traffic light. Make left onto Rt 130 S and
follow to Browning Rd exit on right.  Make right onto Browning Rd and follow
to dead-end (Railroad Ave). Make right into parking lot.

>From the South (Chester or Delaware County or DE): Take I-295 North to Exit
23, continuing on Rt 130 N. Go under a railroad trestle to a traffic circle
with a Hess Station on your right. After rounding the circle, take the first
right onto Spur Rt 551 to the next traffic light (Browning Rd). Turn left on
Browning Rd and cross over Rt 130 and follow to dead-end (Railroad Ave).
Make right into parking lot.

TSJS Phone: 856-720-0232; Email-info at tristatejazz.org.  For further info and
directions go to www.tristatejazz.org.

PLEASE NOTE NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER