[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland All-Stars : Four Classic Albums

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 12:26:32 PDT 2010

Can't help with your request, Marek, but I thought I'd let you know of the
true collectors item that I picked up a coupla years ago at my local Sally's
Gift Shop (Salvation Army Thrift Store)

It's put out by the Longines Symphonette and entitled "Dixieland in the 20s"

What makes it truly remarkable is that it includes "South Rampart Street
Parade" which Bob Haggart didn't write until 1937.

I do have one album by Wettling, specifically the George Wettling All-Stars
on Harmony, meaning that it is a  Columbia Records re-issue.  It's got a
number on there that I've never heard by anyone else called "The Odd
Aardvark" that I really love.

Tides,
HC

--
Some men see things as they are and say why....I dream things that never
were and say why not            -