[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland All-Stars : Four Classic Albums

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 3 15:08:38 PDT 2010

 Marek Boym wrote [in part]:
> I've found the following album offered on the web.
> Dixieland All-Stars : Four Classic Albums - New CD.  According to the
> blurb, "AVID Jazz here presents four classic Dixieland Jazz albums
> including original LP liner notes on a finely re-mastered and low
> priced double CD.
> Happy Jazz, New Orleans Jazz, Bixieland and Dixiecats plus seven out
> of eight tracks from George Wettling’s Jazz Band."

Dear Marek,
Full information will follow (as soon as possible). Off List, so as not to bore everyone else.
And it is Father's Day weekend here in OZ and will be busy for me - with both the family and the band.
There are several 'must have' albums on that Avid CD and you say you have one of them.
'Bixieland'.
And so should everyone.
Likewise the Wettling sides.
(The 10" Columbia LP was a wedding present from my child bride, over 55 years ago.)
The DeParis tracks represent only half of its first Atlantic LP, the one that introduced the group to the world.
Very kind regards,
Bill.