[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: For trombone players

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Oct 13 14:17:01 PDT 2010

WILLIAM SHARP asks:

> Sugar Willie, of Sacramento fame, known for his piano playing and arrangements, sent this youTube link to musicians on his mailing list.

I got it from someone and sent it to Sugar Willie.

> After listening to it, I'm wondering is this really possible, by multitrack recording, by one person? Or is it all done on synthesizer, or is it computer generated?    It is so tight, that I can't imagine it actually being done by humans.
>
> What is your take on this?  Does anyone know this Bob Mc Chesney and can vouch for him, as far as his being able to play all four parts that well?  I'd bet that , even if he did, he spent a lot of time in the sound lab using computers  to tighten up the note spacings.
>
> If it's real, it's beyond incredible.

I just emailed him and asked these very questions.  Let's see if he answers.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"Last night my wife met me at the front door. She was wearing a sexy negligee.
The only trouble was, she was coming home."  --Rodney Dangerfield