[Dixielandjazz] OhYeahDay

Ittzés Tamás bohem at fibermail.hu
Sat Nov 27 19:52:39 PST 2010

Dear friends,

Very few people signed up at www.OhYeahDay.com although I believe, this
idea could do a lot for OKOM. So here it is again:

Let's make 4th of August International Day of Classic Jazz every year!

Aug 4 is Louis Armstrong's documented birthday (although he always
celebrated on the 4th of July and stated that he was born in 1900), so
his 110th anniversary in 2011 is a perfect date to start such a
movement. We have plenty of ideas of how to use this International Day
all year long for different projects that help generate more media
coverage for jazz events worldwide and would also draw young audience in
but to achieve this, we need plenty of supporters (not financial
support, only people who join the movement by signing it on the
website). So if you agree (and why wouldn't you?), please visit
www.OhYeahDay.com and support the idea. Our goal is to get 100,000 (yes,
onehundred-thousand) supporters (no, not Facebook Like's but people who
sign up at the website).

Note that there IS an International Day of Jazz but it is not connected
to any birthday of a jazz giant but to the Sacramento Jazz Festival as
the initiative came from the Jubilee's side decades ago. But almost
nobody knows about this today anymore and it would be a waste of time to
try to bring that back to life as it never really has been a worldwide
festive event. That's the reason that I found out about the day of
CLASSIC jazz; Armstrong's name is still known around the globe and his
anniversary would be a good starting point for such a festivity.

Therefore I really ask everyone not only to sign the idea but to send it
around to ALL of your friends so we can reach that high number of
supporters. Please, understand that I am only the initiator but this
movement is NOT for my benefit, this is for ALL OF US, jazz lovers, jazz
musicians.

Please sign up at www.OhYeahDay.com

Tamas

Tamas ITTZES
violin teacher, ragtime pianist, festival organizer
Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band
Kecskemet Jazz Foundation
Mailing address: H-6001 KECSKEMET, Pf. 652., Hungary
Phone: +36(20)82-447-82
E-mails: tamas at bohemragtime.com, bohem at fibermail.hu
Web site: http://www.bohemragtime.com