[Dixielandjazz] Davenport Blues, with Scott Hamilton

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 13:21:08 PST 2010

On 15/11/2010, Gluetje1 at aol.com <Gluetje1 at aol.com> wrote:
> I failed to report yesterday that what may have impressed me as much or
> more than the music was the audience.  There you were outside and
> storefront,
> not all fitting under the awning.  AND there was a an  audience not just
> strolling by but standing all around to listen to you.
>
> Has anyone beside me noticed the hundreds of YouTube clips of OKUM bands
> playing in outside venues and playing to themselves?
> Ginny

Sure, Ginny.
And I have been writing about it for years now.  I don'e know whether
this was a jazz festival or not (apparently - not), but it is the
general practice at most Dutch festivals I've attended (not in the
Hague and Middleburg) - most bands just play on the street (and get
audiences of all ages, sometimes up to four generations).  That's the
way to prepare new audience!
Cheers