[Dixielandjazz] Loose Marbles

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon May 31 15:03:38 PDT 2010

Marek, and all:

Because I sent my message from my phone the usual header was stripped
- I was the one who just saw them in Sacramento. After I sent the
message I stayed on to hear their full set - it was equally as good as
the first 3 numbers that inspired me to write!

As for exposure - the number of people who go to New Orleans (post
Katrina) has dropped a lot - having the band play in Sacramento for
the first time meant a lot to the group (I chatted with several
members before and after the set.) They don't get to the West Coast
much - they did have some difficulties with the airlines on this trip
- and they were glad to have such an attentive and appreciative
audience. I noticed quite a few other musicians walking by the stage
stopping and then staying for at least several numbers - they are a
band that has a subtle impact, but they  "get it!"

Dave Richoux