[Dixielandjazz] Wild Bill and unknown vocalist

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 6 16:53:23 PST 2010

> While all the musicians were shown in the personnel listing, they chose to leave out the female vocalist.
> All the sides were recorded in 1947 and the two vocals on it were "Baby Won't You Please Come Home" and 'Lonesome Road"
> Bruce and I were guessing perhaps Nellie Lutcher as I believe she was associated with Wild Bill during that period.

Dear Harry,
What CD was that?
Surely not one I don't have.
8>)
Here are the details, as requested.

'Wild Bill Davison With Connie Parsons'.
Wild Bill Davison (c) Stan Wrightsman (p) George Van Eps (g) Morty Corb (b) Nick Fatool (d) Connie Parsons (vcl)
Los Angeles, prob. September 4 & 5, 1958
Dixieland Jubilee DJ106X (LP)
    Lonesome Road (cp vcl)
    Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans? (cp vcl)
    How Come You Do Me Like You Do ?
    Lover Man (cp vcl)

Note that the date is 1958, not 1947.
Kind regards,