[Dixielandjazz] Wild Bill and unknown vocalist

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 17:34:04 PST 2010

Bill:.

The minute I saw the name Connie Parsons, I recalled having a 45 of her
doing "Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans" and when I went
looking for it there it was, a Diamond Jubilele DJ copy. The flip side is
"Lonesome Road"

The single indicates quartet so I am reasonably certain that 1958 as you
stated would be correct.

However. my CD shows Bill with Albert Nicholas and Edmond Hall alternating
on clarinet, Jimmy Archey (tb),Ralph Sutton (p),Danny Barker (g), George
Foster (sb), Baby Dodds (d)
.
.The CD  is entitled "As Long As I Live" on the Past Perfect Label,
#22038-203 and it defiinitely states 1947.for all
(21) selections included

The only thing I can do is play "Lonesome Road", the one selection that is
common to both of them and get back to you.

The first time I ever heard of Bill was on a 12" Commodore 78 that I have
somewhere.  I know "That's a Plenty" was on one side, but can't remember
whether or not it was "Panama" on the flip side.

Tides
Harry.

--
Music you grew up listening to